Senior Product Manager - Technical, Computer Vision
- Seattle, WA
The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirement to AWS customers. Today, the team delivers multiple computer vision services such as Amazon Rekognition for video and images, and Amazon Textract for documents.
As a Senior Product Manager for computer vision, you will be part of the larger product leadership community at AWS. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire a talented team of PMs and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. You will be seen as the subject matter expert for your area of focus within Amazon AI.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
You will manage and be responsible for understanding customer needs and delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead Product Definition - Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
Define Product Vision - Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
Execution of Product Planning and Development - Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
Lead Product Launch - Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
Lead Operations - Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
Lead interaction with Technical Team - Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
Lead and mentor technical product managers
Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate Amazon AI's vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, systems engineering, MIS, or a related field
• 10+ years of experience as a product manager
• 2+ years of experience in managing a technical product management group, including with managing managers (M2)
• 7+ years of experience developing, defining, managing, and executing new products in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in financial modeling, for both cost and revenue
• Experience defining customer requirements in big data, data analytics or related technologies
• MS or PhD degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics.
• Experience in using Python, R, Julia, or Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience with statistical modeling / machine learning
Back to top