Senior Product Manager Technical
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Sponsored Products helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising that grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The Sponsored Products Ad Marketplace organization optimizes the systems and ad placements to match advertiser demand with publisher supply using a combination of machine learning, big data analytics, ultra-low latency high-volume engineering systems, and quantitative product focus. Our goals are to help buyers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and to build a major, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers.
As a Sr. Product Manager Technical, you will work closely with business stakeholders, machine learning scientists and engineers to
• develop new product thinking and roadmap to optimize sponsored product and whole site shopper experience
• drive the design of the next generation machine-learning solutions to empower science innovation and deliver financial initiatives
• translate customer feedback into clearly defined business objectives that can be leveraged to build machine learning & optimization solutions
• evaluate business opportunity and application of new and emerging technologies backend by deep data analytics
• create buy-in for the product vision with leadership and partner teams
• lead cross-functionally to ensure the product vision is implemented effectively
• proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Experience with online advertising, search, recommendation systems
• Experience in working with machine learning scientists and engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top