Senior Product Manager Technical - AWS Billing Central
- New York, NY
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a technically-adept product manager to join the AWS Billing team. We operate the systems that meter usage and compute costs across AWS offerings. As such, we operate at massive scale and continuously develop cutting-edge solutions to accommodate AWS's double-digit growth. Our mission is to deliver at scale with speed and accuracy so that AWS can price and discount products at a fine granularity that allows our customers to most efficiently utilize those products.
In this role, you will be owning the central billing hub internal users depend on to do their jobs. We employ the latest front-end technologies to deliver a crisp and performant user interface. You will also be owning the complex entitlements and security solution used to safeguard customer information available through the platform. As a senior product manager, you will partner with your engineering counterparts to refine the vision and long-term plans while simultaneously tackling problems in the here and now and delivering results. Some days you will be thinking deeply about challenging technical problems. Other days you will be engaging with stakeholders and senior management across Amazon to understand their needs and develop solutions. You will be preparing detailed requirements documents, engaging in long-term planning, analyzing data, and developing greenfield ideas into actionable plans. You must have a passion for technology and a knack for delivering solutions that use technology in creative ways.
This role requires a thirst for continuous learning, commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 6+ years of product management experience with high-quality and large-scale services including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
• Prior experience working as part of a platform team
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or technical field of study
• Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with UX designers, product managers, and other developers
• MBA or masters in computer science preferred
• Strong understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service
• Experience with Web Services, Front End technology stacks and Service Oriented Architectures
• Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of technical capabilities across the payments system globally including access control, authorization, and industry technology standards
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, virtualization, developer tools, and user interface design.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top