Interested in joining the team behind Amazon's mobile Echo devices and experiences? Are you interested building consumer products that delight millions of customers? Come join our team!
As a Senior Product Manager (Technical) for Alexa Devices, you will define and own new device concepts such as Echo Buds or Echo Auto from end to end. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with product, engineering, design, finance, and executive teams to bring new devices to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. In your role, you will develop consumer-focused product vision, short-term and long-term strategy. You will challenge the status quo to deliver step change improvements in how Amazon Alexa is used in mobile situations. You will have to make innovative and tough choices to lead new products to completion within your cost and customer satisfaction guardrails, and working with multiple external and internal teams (hardware, software, marketing, and more). The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional. You will take the new products globally by adapting and scaling them across a range of geographies.
A successful candidate will have a builder's mindset, and be highly analytical, knowledgeable of hardware, device software, mobile operating systems (iOS, Android), and cloud services. You are able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and are adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality product requirements that customers love.
• Define creative, high quality product roadmaps based on internal/external research, analysis, and data.
• Lead detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Drive prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market.
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Strong oral and written communication; you have the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- 3+ years of work experience in consumer electronics product management and embedded software.
- Experience with product tradeoffs and end to end product delivery
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience in operating systems and hardware/software integration.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, ambiguous work environment intersecting cross functional teams.
• Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company
• Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and launch consumer hardware at scale
• Strategic aptitude; ability to define a winning business strategy and execute within complex development cycles.
• Strong design thinking and empathy for the end customers
• At your best in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
• Data driven with a high attention to detail.
• Executive presence to influence teams and leaders at all levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience handling multiple products simultaneously