Senior Product Manager, Technical
Amazon's Payment Experience organization is seeking an experienced technical product manager who is passionate about building new payment capabilities that improve the customer paying experience worldwide. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the product vision across UX Design, Engineering and Data Science team members that enable every customer to purchase on Amazon. You will ground your product vision with direct customer research and dive deep with technical leaders to drive the daily prioritization decisions to deliver the best experience to Amazon customers.
As a product leader at Amazon, all innovations start with the customer and work backwards. This approach requires a wide range of experience starting with strong written skills to convey your product vision through the value delivered to the end customer. Expect to dive deep into customer metrics and payments data to inform your strategy. You will work with UX Designers to create user flows and visual designs to explore new concepts that further simplify the customer paying experience.
Day to day:
- Collaborate with internal Amazon businesses around the globe to define solutions to serve their purchase experience and payment needs
- Work with UX Design to create user flows
- Build, develop and manage a product roadmap
- Partner with TPMs and Engineers to deliver on product roadmap
- Define, track and analyze customer metrics to validate your hypotheses with the Data Scientists.
As a Senior Product Manager you are expected to excel in an ambiguous, fast paced environment. You will have a relentless focus on the customer and dive deep into customer use cases and problems. You will take pride in delighting your customers by helping the product team design and build wonderful user experiences. You will have high judgement and understand which opportunities drive the most strategic value for the business. You will not be limited by the present and will constantly look ahead to the future.
- 4+ years of product management experience with high-quality and large-scale services including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience (e.g. experience as a technical producer, tech director, lead programmer, or similar).
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with UX designers, Data Scientists, and developers
- MBA or masters in computer science preferred
- Strong understanding of payments domain and payments industry
- International experience with consumer and digital products
- Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient with user interface design, front end and back end technologies, customer research, and data query (SQL knowledge)
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top