Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into significant businesses? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products to life?
The Devices group delivers delightfully unique experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. As a Senior Product Manager in the Emerging Products group, you will help define and build products and features that deeply integrate hardware, software, and services. You will help create and drive the product strategy, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer . This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to envision, develop, and launch innovative products. Our products are experience-driven and often combine devices, software and services into an integrated whole.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy, with a proven track record of creating successful consumer products and services.
Join us. Have fun. Make history.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from inception through end of life.
• Drive the development of the strategy, roadmap, and business plan for products.
• Be a passionate advocate for the customer - Understand and articulate customer needs, conduct customer research, and leverage internal knowledge and expertise.
• Create buy-in for the product vision and evangelize that vision within the organization.
• Write requirements documents, define use cases, and own the business metrics and KPIs for your products and services.
• Drive product launches including working with public relations, marketing, executives, and other product management team members.
• Serve as the product expert assisting marketing with press briefing, industry talks, and whitepapers.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience developing and launching first generation software-enabled hardware products; comfortable with ambiguity and nascent markets.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products to world-wide markets.
• Undergraduate Engineering, CS, Science, or Math degree.
• MBA and/or post graduate engineering/science degree
• Familiarity or experience with autonomous systems, robotics, motion control systems, computer vision, machine learning, and sensor technologies.
• Experience researching, defining and managing electromechanical requirements, functional safety requirements and driving quality and reliability of dynamic systems.
• Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process.
• Passion to dive deep into highly technical topics with engineers and scientists with a customer-centric mindset.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• General manager/owner mentality with proven ability to influence others and an insatiable will to get stuff done.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environment
• Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top