Senior Product Manager- Technical
Are you interested in inventing the future of how users interact with digital voice services? Do you have a high bar for customer experience? The Alexa Customer Engagement team is seeking a Principal Product Manager to work with a dedicated development team on new products and experiences. The team is early stage and this role reports to a Single Threaded Leader (STL).
We are seeking a seasoned product owner with experience defining and building v1 products with large scope. In this role, you will be the sole product owner on a single threaded team funded to deliver new and highly visible customer experiences. The ideal candidate possesses superior analytical abilities, product judgment, problem-solving and communication skills. He or she is customer-obsessed, a natural at building excitement among internal stakeholder teams and passionate about delivering world-class features to users.
Specific Responsibilities include the following:
- Define the long-term strategy and roadmap for new products and experiences.
- Define high and low level requirements that developers can translate into a technical design and implementation plan.
- Define and launch small scale experiments to refine products and experiences prior to the "full launch".
- Launch and iterate across multiple devices and countries, starting with rapid experimentation and iteration
- Participate in all aspects of product development with the technical team including daily sprint planning, daily standups, demonstrations, retrospectives and bug triage.
- Present product plans and demonstrate functionality to senior leaders up to and including the CEO
- Define and report on key product metrics
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, engineering, computer science or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 7+ years of software product management experience working
- Experience developing products in a high-tech environment using agile/scrum methodologies
- MBA or Master's degree
- Passion for creating v1 products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top