Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
About the Team
The Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) organization is a part of Alexa Smart Home. Our core product is Alexa Connect Kit, a set of managed services (fully managed cloud and module) that enable device makers (e.g. makers of fans, light bulbs, coffee makers, air purifiers) to build smart products by abstracting the complicated infrastructure work on both cloud and device, so that device makers can focus on the things they are best at. We sell to enterprise customers including systems integrators, original design manufacturers, and brands. We launched the first ACK-based device last year, and are rapidly expanding our product portfolio. The business is now transitioning from the launch to scaling phase.
As a Senior PMT, you'll own ACK's managed cloud product, which is our core offering. You'll work with engineering, UX designers, business development, solution architecting, and enterprise customers to evolve the ACK architecture, deliver developer-facing improvements, and contribute to ACK's cloud and device strategy. This role requires a high degree of ownership and customer obsession, the ability to interface with and manage a variety of stakeholders, and technical leadership.
The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional, and this exceptional role requires an individual with a track record of shipping products, experience working with ODMs and engineering teams, experience working with multiple partner teams across geographies, and stellar leadership skills to create a vision and rally teams around a common goal. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovating, have deep technical expertise, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
• 10+ years product management experience
• Experience shipping devices
• Experience working with global teams and diverse partners
• Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company
• Experience in electrical or smart appliances
• Self-starter/start-up mentality
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top