Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Boston, MA
If your idea of fun is taking on the challenge of building cloud storage for the most demanding customers, we should talk!
Our next senior product manager will help us define and build the future of block storage for cloud computing. Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) service delivers high performance virtualized storage "in the cloud" with customers ranging from startups to well-known enterprises. EBS enables customers to create and deploy their business-critical applications on AWS Cloud. As a leader within the rapidly growing EBS team, you'll join other thought leaders work hard, have fun, and define the future of cloud storage.
Do these attributes describe you?
- Customer Obsessed - Customer Evangelist
• Understands customer's workloads, pain points, and what success means to them for both built in the web and traditional on-prem business applications
• Advocates for the customer across the organization to build products that delight
- Strategy and Business Owner
• Developer of our strategy; coming up with product features / capabilities to serve our customers
• Makes business decisions around pricing, packaging, and help focus our investments in the right areas
• Builds partnerships both internal and external to help customers take advantage of our services
- Operates without boundaries
• Partners with engineering to operate cloud storage to enable customer growth
• Defines the in-market growth strategy and go-to-market plans in conjunction with partner teams including product marketing, solutions architecture, and business development
• Not afraid roll up their sleeves and dive deep into the details
- Data Whisperer
• Sees the customer's current and future needs in the data
• Owns the product positioning, messaging and external communications through deeply understanding target audiences, competition and trends.
You will succeed by being a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for the cloud storage market and who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer, corporate, and consumer customers. Use your proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, the drive to develop ideas independently to thrive in our fast-paced and highly dynamic start-up environment.
As a Senior Product Manager Technical, you own the future for our customers by driving the innovation, development choices, and operational excellence of our storage offerings for a wide array of customers those that are moving their SAN (Storage Area Network) workloads to the cloud to those that are building hyper-scale applications in the cloud at an unprecedented scale.
If this sounds like the challenge you want to take on, let's talk!!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• BA/BS degree
• 5+ years of product management
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent experience)
• Internet business or storage experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top