Senior Product Manager Technical
- Glendale, AZ
We are seeking a talented and seasoned technical product manager to join our team to build a new AWS service that is going to be trend setting in the big data and analytics field. This is an area that requires defining the product vision grounds up and taking the product from idea to launch. This PM will own end to end delivery of the new service from conception to launch to ensure we are providing customer obsessed experiences for our customers when they interact with the product.
This team has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our product managers might talk to several customers, define and prioritize the roadmap, deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers and designers at Amazon, define and report business metrics, create pricing strategies, do go-to-market planning, discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale, the list goes on. You will be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about big data and analytics technologies, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what our applications can really do to help customers everywhere.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in product discovery, working in an ambiguous space, charting their own path to a successful delivery, getting things done, and keeping their pulse on the market. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of product management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience identifying business opportunities, building a product strategy, and influencing deliver against a multi-year roadmap
• Understands core technologies utilized in their product domain and is fluent in pros and cons of technical alternatives
• Drives alignment and coherent product feature, business, and evangelism strategies
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills
• Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
• Cloud management experience
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top