Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
Fire TV is loved by tens of millions of customers worldwide. We are looking for a visionary Product Manager to help define the feature set for our next generation of out-of-box and setup experiences. In this role, you will have the opportunity to 'think around corners' to help develop the business strategy and product vision, lead the definition and development of critical features and user experiences. You will solve high ambiguity problems, design elegant technical solutions and address complex technical topics with a world class team. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of UX designers, Engineers, program managers, cloud technologies and executive leadership.
This role is a good fit for someone creative, who has strong customer focus and 'product sense', combined with an established track record in consumer facing applications, and a bent for iterating and improving on key engagement metrics.
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision
• Define creative, high quality, long term product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Build out scalable solutions spanning analytics, metrics and KPIs for product success.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Drive product launches in concert with Engineering, Go to Market, PR, and other Product teams
• Create buy-in for the product/feature/service vision and strategy with technical and leadership teams
• Operate with influence across a wide variety of cross functional technical, UX and commercial teams.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years experience in product or program management, UI/UX design or building large scale consumer applications.
• Strong CX bias- building simple, elegant and deeply engaging mobile experiences.
• Experience working with international, remote-based teams, across multiple time zones.
• Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
• Experience leading teams to deliver products and services with an Agile mindset.
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition with rigorous execution.
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions and strategy related to product architecture
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, ambiguous work environment intersecting cross functional teams across UX/UI design, software and services
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with engineering, UX and device teams.
• A strong bias for metrics, experimentation/measurement and a data based approach to product management.
• Experience in the TV, Media, Content and Video Industry a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top