Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for a role which allows you to re-invent how customers find inspiration and products on Amazon? Do you want a highly visible role working across multiple teams with the opportunity to have a significant impact from day 1? If so, then keep reading as this could be the role for you!
#FoundItOnAmazon is looking for a Senior Product Manager (Technical) to re-invent how customers find inspiration on Amazon. #FoundItOnAmazon is a new shopping experience built to inspire and delight shoppers with an endless stream of visually rich product images and videos from social media influencers and brands. We are bringing window shopping online with shoppable content from these contributors, while seamlessly connecting the dots from inspiration to purchase and delivery. As of today we offer a personalized, endless feed of outfit suggestions, trending products, shoppable lifestyle imagery and videos from the brands and influencers customers love. Shoppers can easily view details about a product and purchase items or heart them to save for later. The possibilities to drive traffic and scale the Minimal Lovable Experience are endless. We are looking to aggressively grow the #FoundItOnAmazon customer base over the next 2 years and are looking for passionate driven product owners who want to build Amazon's social media product. If you want to work in a start up like environment, work hand in hand with tech and design teams, keep reading. This could be the right role for you!
You will work on projects to improve the way we display and organize our wide swath of content from Influencers and brands to customers, and allow them to seamlessly navigate, research and discover new products on #FoundItOnAmazon. The PM-T is expected to understand their customers, set the vision and the strategy for their product areas, independently create/own the product roadmap, work closely with engineers, applied scientists, UX designers and researchers on customer facing features. Maturity, great judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will also mentor other PMs in the organization.
• Defining the strategy, vision and own the end to end roadmap for your product areas and customer experience
• Innovating on behalf of customers to define the next generation of features for #FoundItOnAmazon
• Own reporting and communication to senior leaders across Amazon for your product area
• Lead investment, prioritization and trade off discussions
• Identify and measure product and business metrics to drive improvements and better understand customer needs
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, hard sciences, marketing (analytics based) or related field is required.
• 6+ years of data driven product management experience including partnering closely with software development teams
• Proficiency with MS Excel. Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with an extreme attention to detail.
• Experience building a compelling vision for a large and ambiguous space and to work across diverse stakeholder groups to deliver against this vision
• Track record of managing complex product development cycles and working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize projects
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to analyze data and develop metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
• Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, data-driven, and entrepreneurial environment
MBA or other advanced degree. Proficiency with SQL. Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross-functional teams across geographies and business units. Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features. Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top