Senior Product Manager Technical
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to be part of the entrepreneur force that will make history for Amazon? Do you love helping nontechnical users to make their job easier? Do you love working with business and engineering to create innovative products? If so, come join Amazon Tax Technology! We are a new team delivering net new Platforms, Products, Systems and Services for Amazon Tax teams. Each year Amazon tax teams pay billions of dollars to tax jurisdictions (countries, state/province, city, or municipalities). Complexity of Amazon worldwide businesses and rapid expansion creates productivity and operational challenges for tax teams on tax liability management with risks of incurring financial penalty and impacts Amazon's reputation. Our mission at Tax Technology is to empower Amazon tax teams with self-service solutions, data, reports, and analytics to improve productivity, optimize operation and make data-driven decisions for timely actions.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, self-starter Technical Product Manager to define and manage new product for nontechnical Tax users. You will own and manage the product features from conception to launch and own the success of the product. You will lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, user experience, grooming, planning, design, delivery and launch. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders in engineering, support, UX design, business, program management and executive teams, ensuring collaboration, eliminating roadblocks, and effectively managing the product life cycle.
The successful candidate is an experienced product leader that excels at translating ambiguous customer problems into concrete product design and requirements with a track record of owning, defining and delivering high-quality technical products from initial vision to launch. You have strong customer empathy, adept at synthesizing and prioritizing feature requests into simple and user friendly solutions, and comfortable making decisions despite ambiguity. Finally, you will take an active role in raising the bar for product management process and practices on the Product Management Technical team.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• 7+ years of experience in technical product or program management
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MBA, or related field
• Experience contributing to technical discussions around decisions and technical strategy to enable long term product vision.
• Experience with a cloud computing or large software services company
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Experience with tax or related products is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top