Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
Take Earth's most customer-centric company, mix in hundreds of millions of customers, Amazon's tremendous computational resources, and an exciting opportunity to build next-generation digital media experiences. What do you get? One of the most exciting digital media product manager position in the industry.
Do you want to be part of the exciting development in digital media space? Are you obsessed with finding and building the most innovative and customer-friendly user experiences? Have you built and launched new experiences that impact customers all around the world? This is a unique opportunity that combines the ability to build exciting, new user experiences for Amazon's customers, with the opportunity to work with Big Data, Machine Learning, and other advanced techniques to provide the best customer experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers.
More about the role:
The Digital Media Graph team within Amazon Product Graph org uses state-of-the-art machine-learning techniques to build and operate the world's most knowledgeable digital media graph spanning Music, Movies, Books and Digital Games and using it to create new innovative customer experiences for Amazon digital media customers. We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager-Technical to be the product owner for the Digital Media Graph team, helping define and drive the product strategy and roadmap, derive product requirements and prioritize feature development based on value to the customer and to Amazon. You should be willing to dive deep when needed, move rapidly with a bias for action, and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. This role will demand resourcefulness and a fearless willingness to learn on both the technical and business side. The challenges we take on can involve a mix of large-scale distributed systems, big data technologies, machine learning science, and require a keen sense of customer obsession and long-term strategic thinking.
• Bachelors' degree in a field with a strong emphasis on business or technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, MBA).
• 5+ years of experience in product management, program management, or technology implementation.
• Demonstrated track record of results delivered by influencing stakeholders in a highly-matrix cross-functional organization.
• Experience in using data and metrics to define business strategy and gain executive support for new visions.
• Superior verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, proven ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• 8+ years of experience in product management, program management, or technology implementation.
• Experience working in a software development and science environment.
• Proven ability to launch successful software products and features that are used and loved by their customers.
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
• Proven ability to influence change at all levels within an organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top