Senior Product Manager - Technical
Come help us build a brand new profile experience for customers on Amazon! The Profile team within Community Shopping is looking for a Technical Product Manager who enjoys the challenge of bridging business with technology to deliver great customer features. The PM-T will be responsible for conceiving, scoping and delivering an entirely new Profile experience that enables brands, authors, sellers, associates, and other non-customer entities to claim a verified Profile and participate in Amazon's community. In this role you will lead efforts to define product requirements, identify and iterate on technical solutions, make prioritization and trade-off decisions, build and grow relationships with partner teams, manage initiatives through deployment, and identify areas for optimization post-deployment.
You will provide product leadership, quantify the impact of product features, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will work closely with internal and cross-org stakeholders across various design, development, and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals and align with long term product roadmaps.
A successful candidate will be well-versed in website technologies, thrive in a fast-paced environment, embody the definition of being a 'self-starter', be a master communicator, take pride in knowing when to lead and when to follow, and have a passion for continually raising the bar for user experience design, technical architecture, and the product/program management process.
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience for your initiatives; continually raise the bar on functionality, consistency, usability, and simplicity.
- Translate features into technical specifications and influence design and architectural decisions.
- Work closely with engineering and business leadership; act as the technical interface between the business, software development, and design teams.
- Scope technical initiatives with a strong understanding of website operations (maintenance, deployments, analytics)
- Increase insights on user behavior and pain points; identify, measure, and improve key customer experience metrics. Promote data-based decision making.
- Continually optimize the product/feature roadmap, manage prioritization and trade-offs, and evangelize your initiatives across the organization.
- BS/BA in computer science or engineering, or have equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of product management and/or program management experience in a technology focused business.
- Ample experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and on-going iteration.
- Prior experience managing technical products or online services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- MBA or 5+ years of product/program management experience.
- Proficient with web services, online technologies, and user interface design.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments.
- History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership.
- Proficiency in SQL
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top