Senior Product Manager - Tech, Sponsored Products
- Seattle, WA
Interested in charting the course of multiple critical, large scale systems that help create delightful ad experiences for Amazon shoppers? We have an opportunity for you!
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales of merchandise. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced product leader to join our Sponsored Products - Supply team. This team owns systems, services and initiatives to deliver relevant ads on the Amazon website, based on shoppers' intent, context and preferences. As Senior Product Manager - Technical on this team, you will be responsible for charting and executing the course of a highly critical, extremely large scale distributed system handling billions of requests. In addition, you will also be responsible for laying the foundation and executing on a green-field opportunity with tremendous long term potential. This is a high-impact role that requires strategic vision and big-picture thinking, but also strong execution, technical depth, analytical rigor and excellent communication.
This role will...
• Obsess over your customers and work backwards to define tenets, customer experiences, long-term goals, focus areas and key metrics.
• Partner closely with product, engineering, data science, marketing and design leaders to execute on your vision.
• Simplify and solve complex, inter-dependent, customer and business opportunities.
• Monitor customer feedback, response and metrics; develop plans to support growth and scale the business efficiently; drive continuous solution improvements.
• Influence senior leaders across Amazon by proactively communicating program vision, writing business reviews, reporting plans and progress, and aligning with Amazon's core leadership principles.
• Lead cross-functionally to ensure the product vision is implemented effectively
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Own the annual planning process for your program.
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Experience with online advertising, search, recommendation systems
• Experience with distributed, low latency, high throughput systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. #sspa #sspajobs #spsv
Back to top