The Devices Demand Planning and Forecasting team is looking for a seasoned product manager to lead the Prediction Services product for Amazon Devices (Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle, Ring, etc.). As a Senior Product Manager - Tech you will lead Data Science and Engineering teams to develop a best-in-class product to forecast demand from one week to one year out for Amazon's growing portfolio of devices. This is a high-visibility role for a business-critical product that is used by leaders across the globe to make strategic and operational decisions that have a major impact on Amazon's growth and bottom line.
Amazon's devices business is continuously increasing in complexity, from the original Kindle to the current portfolio of 50+ devices across 10+ countries. To effectively forecast customer demand and deliver insights to internal teams you will need to understand customer behavior, interdependencies with other systems, analytical tools, and goals of key stakeholders. You will lead the definition of the long-term strategic vision, creation and execution of the product roadmap, interaction with technical teams, testing with end users, and communication with senior leadership.
The ideal Senior Product Manager - Tech candidate will have demonstrated excellence in leading cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal, knowledge of analytical tools (including statistical models, machine learning algorithms, and big data solutions), experience working with technical teams (engineers and data scientists), surfacing insights into product-related opportunities and pain points, scaling processes and systems, and the ability effective communicate the most relevant information to a variety of stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Tech team is currently located in Seattle. Remote work from other locations is possible until Amazon offices are fully reopened. Expectation is that permanent location will eventually be in Seattle, or another Amazon Devices tech hub.
• Advanced degree in statistics, engineering, or similar technical field preferred
• 8+ years of product management experience preferred
• Experience working directly with engineering and data science teams within technology organizations
• Experience with supply-demand forecasting technology, machine learning models