Senior Product Manager- Tech (Multiple locations / Teams)
- Seattle, WA
As earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon strives to earn and grow customer trust in every dimension including ensuring that its product selection earns the customer's trust. This requires intelligent systems that automatically analyze and classify and categorize the vast selection of products in the Amazon worldwide catalog. Technical systems to address this problem at the Amazon scale face unprecedented challenges. For instance, how do you teach a machine to develop the smarts to be able to tell between a toy gun and a real weapon in close to real-time? Problems of such extraordinary scale and precision require out of the box thinking and application of the state of the art technologies to automate all aspects and help Amazon forge ahead and maintain a competitive business advantage.
As a Senior Product Manager Tech (Sr.PMT), you will strategize, plan and drive tech innovations to enable critical business operations. Specifically, you will partner with Amazonians in other functions such as Retail business, Legal, Finance, to translate the business requirements into world class user requirements. You will work closely with multiple development teams to deliver solutions. Technologies you will employ to solve these complex real-world business problems include Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Image Recognition, Elastic Computing, Spark, and a host of other state of the art AWS technologies. You will have end to end ownership - all the way from defining the strategy to measuring metrics to monitoring day to day progress of these programs across the entire Amazon eCommerce pipeline. You will provide direct visibility to senior leadership on all aspects of your programs on a regular cadence.
You must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be analytical and possess excellent problem-solving skills. Your oral and written communication skills will be superlative and you will excel in stakeholder relationship management. You will be passionate about your work, see the strategic big-picture yet be detail-oriented and be organized. You will have proven leadership skills in a very fast-paced highly demanding environment. You will preferably have a software development background and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs. Fluency in SQL and Excel for self-service data analysis purposes is a must. You will be calm and composed in times of crisis and be able to respond to escalations with data and causal analysis.
• You will manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams
• You will partner with management to define strategy and build road maps for the programs you own
• You will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run, you will be responsible for the overall coordination, solution design and evangelizing the platform features
• Throughout, you will internalize Amazon's Leadership Principles, and live those into everyday practices to guide your programs to success
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or product management in a software applications environment
• Understanding of drivers of performance, scale and operational excellence in software and ability to work with software development managers to ensure these aspects in all software used in the program.
• Superior written and spoken communication skills
• Master's Degree in Computer science/Math or related field.
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems.
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle.
• High level familiarity with data mining or machine learning.
• The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal.
• Prior experience as a software developer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top