Senior Product Manager - Tech, Finance Technology
- Arlington, VA
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech builds and maintains the finance technology platforms and services that enable new business growth, compliance with financial and tax reporting obligations, and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to maximize time spent by Finance teams on high value analysis, reduce the growth of operating expenses, and improve the vendor experience.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Sr. Product Manager - Tech to innovate on behave of the customer and work with Accounting, Treasury, FinOps, Tax and Engineering teams. You will own the product roadmap and negotiate features and release timelines with multiple internal teams to maximize the benefit to Amazon. A successful Sr Product Manager Tech is someone who is highly analytical, technical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple solutions that delight our customers. You must understand technologies and recognize when the design of a feature is complex limits performance, scale, extensibility, and/or our ability innovate in the future. You will articulate technology requirements for a feature/API and asks the right technical questions. You will identify risks in technology design choices and assess the impact of emerging technologies on feature use cases.
The ideal candidate for this role will have business and product sense combined with a solid understanding of financial and technical concepts. You will need to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment without being hindered by ambiguity. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, the ability to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience working within Finance teams is preferred with a foundational knowledge of
Excellent customer engagement; demonstrated success when delivering programs or solutions for external customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Experience driving user research/usability tests and interpreting usability test data.
• Experience with agile/scrum. Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
• Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
• Experience and/or familiarity with financial and accounting systems and concepts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top