At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are constantly looking to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is investing heavily to innovate and provide best in class services in the Last Mile delivery space. In the Last Mile Driver Experience team, we own the driver experience for delivering all Amazon packages, groceries, ultra fast Prime Now deliveries, and more. The Last Mile Driver Experience is powered by a mobile app, available on both iOS and Android and works in concert with our logistics and technology to guide drivers through the delivery journey. In 2019 our apps powered 3.5 billion package deliveries and in 2020 we crossed our 10 billion packages delivered milestone.
This role owns On Road Efficiency, a foundational layer of the driver experience that connects the driver to our customers and Operations teams to not only provide the most relevant information for the driver for a given delivery, but build a virtuous cycle so we're continuously gathering more insights from our drivers to improve Amazon's delivery success. This role will reimagine the current driver communication ecosystem into a unified experience through our app, prioritizing the right information at the right time to inform the driver as they start their day, while on-road, and back at the station. We will build the accompanying targeting and content platform to realize this vision globally across Amazon.com, groceries, and other businesses.
This role is inherently cross-functionalthis leader will work closely with engineering, program management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing products and features. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. Come join the team and help us make history!
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
• Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
• Exceptional passion for delivering world-class customer experiences.
• Experience in the product development of mobile applications.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to turn customer needs and pain points into innovative products.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Proven ability to work independently to drive projects to completion.
• Experience in supply chain, operations, logistics, or transportation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.