Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) is an online store that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to the needs of businesses. Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products everything from IT and lab equipment to education and food-service supplies. Amazon Business customers also enjoy a variety of benefits, including business-only pricing and selection, a multi-seller marketplace, single- or multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, purchasing system integrations, payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support, Business Prime and more.
Business Prime is a paid subscription service for verified business, charity or government organizations that provides the familiar Prime shopping experience end users love at home, with pricing plans and benefits that are suited for work. Business Prime now serves over a million employees in organizations throughout the world. Our customers range from government entities with tens of thousands of users to sole proprietors.
The Business Prime team is looking for a Senior Product Manager that can lead the identification, development and adoption of new Business Prime benefits globally that are suited for work. This is a high visibility role that offers candidates with a mix of vision, customer obsession, and execution skills the chance to shape the future of a strategic program for Amazon. Specific responsibilities include:
• Customer Insights and PRFAQs: Use mix of voice of the customer mechanisms to glean customer needs that can be uniquely met by Amazon Business and size opportunities. Work backwards from the customer to create compelling proposals for new Business Prime benefits for customers of all sizes, globally.
• Pricing and Plans: Work with Economist, Data Science and Finance partners to develop rigorous pricing models for different Business Prime plans that drive adoption while managing financial risks to Amazon.
• Engineering Requirements: Create clear engineering ready documents, in partnership with User Experience Design, to build new end to end benefit experiences and improvements to existing benefits. Work with Senior Engineers and UX Designers to define requirements to improve the technical architecture and experience evolution for managing the "benefits lifecycle": onboarding, management, changes, reporting, and deprecation.
• Benefit Adoption and Iteration: Work with Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Customer Service teams to drive adoption of benefits, and use feedback mechanisms to drive continued improvement. Work with internal and external teams to seamlessly integrate existing and new Business Prime benefits into the experience to drive adoption, engagement and renewal.
• Benefits Usage Index and Benefit Attribution Model: Work with Economist, Data Science and Finance partners to develop analytical techniques to measure the value benefits provide to customers and the economic attribution to each benefit.
You will be measured on your ability to improve the aggregate value customers derive from Business Prime benefits (Benefits Usage Index).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or related technical experience
• 5+ years of experience in product management/development or related roles
• Demonstrated ability to identify and articulate compelling product proposals and business cases
• Direct experience leading the analysis, design, requirement definition, development and launch of software products
• Demonstrated experience delivering measurable results with business/customer impact in product/technical areas
• Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across product, business, design and engineering stakeholders •
• MBA (or equivalent functional experience)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated history of strong customer focus
• Experience in customer experience development
• Ability to make difficult decisions using objective analysis
• Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal partners to get things done