Senior Product Manager - Tech - AWS IoT
- Berlin, Germany
Amazon Web Services and Volkswagen recently entered a close partnership to build the Digital Production Platform (DPP). This platform will enable new ways to optimize Manufacturing and Logistics by onboarding Volkswagens 120+ and their suppliers' 30000+ production plants to the newly built products in DPP. To do this, the Customer Engineering team will work closely with Volkswagen and internal AWS teams to deliver new, innovative services in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space. These services reach all the way from bottom layers; which connect machines such as robots, presses or other equipment to the cloud all the way to the top layers which provide innovative ways to interact with data and optimize decision making using ML solutions.
If you're excited to change the face of manufacturing and IIoT, join our team in the heart of Berlin.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager you will work with the Digital Production Platform team as well as VW teams directly and be part of the AWS Internet of Things (IoT) group. We are a newly formed team within the service engineering organization focused on ensuring that AWS's largest partners are getting the value expected from their IoT deployments. We work closely with key customers, partners and collaborate effectively with a talented AWS service team to design, prototype and build solutions and programs to help our partner achieve business outcomes and transformation with AWS and AWS IoT services.
We are looking for a proven ability to execute, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects with multi-industry impact. The candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and for the business and technology impacts that IoT represents.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Berlin office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior employees truly enjoy mentoring more junior employees from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build really cool services, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
• Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, and Marketing) through technical requirements, design, implementation, and release
• Collaborate closely with partner engineering executives and leaders to distill complex, ambiguous technology directives and engineering requirements to actionable engineering tasks and product design
• Contribute to business model analysis and effective customer focused pricing strategy
• Define product strategy and manage product roadmap
• Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers
• Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms
• Author documents relating to product life cycle including product strategy, roadmap, business requirements, use cases and functional specifications
This position is based in Berlin.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience in product management leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
• Experience with IoT solutions in industries such as business automation, asset tracking, supply chain or manufacturing, smart utilities, etc.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in English and German.
• Previous experience as a software development engineer
• Experience with transforming engineering culture and cloud adoption
• Experience owning business model, customer and market segmentation, marketing plans, sales support/field marketing, and pricing for Internet services or enterprise software products
• Sensitivity to clients' needs, and ability to develop trusting client relationships.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top