Come be a part of the mission to improve children's lifelong outcomes by helping them connect with adult loved ones, no matter how near or far. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Description of Glow: "A new-to-world virtual, connected, and projected interaction model designed to help children and remote loved ones play, create, read, learn and have fun together as if they are right next to each other."
As a Senior Manager - Technical, you will be working with the unique and gifted Amazon Glow team in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will think and act both strategically and tactically: from the ideation and creation of highly innovative plans and evaluation of strategic priorities, to the attention to detail necessary to create a bar-raising product. They will demonstrate a comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, with the ability to own and drive progress for critical areas of our product and business.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14
Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and
professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you
spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced
lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Business or Tech
• 5+ years of experience in or program management, marketing, business or technology
• Experience with end to end delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Demonstrated history of defining, building, and shipping technology-heavy software products in an ambiguous environment, with completion of lifecycle (from concept through launch)
• Demonstrated use of qualitative and quantitative customer feedback to drive successful strategies and outcomes
• Demonstrated superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• MBA degree
• Desire to spearhead a central aspect of a that will change the world for the better
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.