Alexa is Amazon's groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA.
As a Product Manager, you will partner with software engineering and knowledge engineering teams focused on building scalable approaches to Q&A on Alexa, as well as developing high-utility, habitual experiences for Alexa customers that go beyond the single question and answer.
A successful candidate will be an experienced product leader that excels at translating ambiguous and nascent customer problems into a concrete roadmap. They will possess a strong attention to detail, ability to translate raw thoughts into concise written communication, and the ability to engage in discussions about feasibility and tradeoffs with software teams.
• Utilize data to drive product decisions, including software development
• Communicate the product strategy with dependent teams and coordinate delivery
• Work side-by-side with 1 or 2 software or knowledge engineering teams to execute their roadmap
• Own the launch and go to market strategy of new Alexa features
• Identify program goals and strategic initiatives 1-5 years out
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• MBA or masters in computer science preferred
• Experience growing user engagement/retention within a particular product or business
• Experience writing software requirements specifications
• Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver across organizations with multiple stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments