Senior Product Manager - Tech
- Atlanta, GA
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed.
To help solve this problem, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity and conducting research and development to apply cutting-edge technology advances to solve real world problems. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to help define these novel approaches and execute against scaling them. You will work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products in the Molecular Biology field for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers. Success in this role requires strong customer focus and business judgment, skill at breaking down complex, high-level use cases into executable features and distinct phases.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of product management experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Experience with end to end product delivery, from conception through completion
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Graduate degree in life science (e.g. Biochem, Genetics. Sequencing)
• Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and deliver high-caliber products under tight deadlines
• Familiarity with tools and methodologies that are commonly used in modern labs.
• Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-function initiatives
• Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail
Back to top