Senior Product Manager- Tech
- Hyderabad, India
Want to build software that helps enable Amazon's global success and improve the quality of life for millions of users in the process? Want to have unrestricted access to users, work with executive leadership, and help Earth's most customer-centric company become Earth's most employee-centric company too?
Amazon's WWOps HR team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Sr. Technical Product Manager to drive the development of a successful early stage product, while helping to define the future of how Amazon scales and supports its global workforce across all phases of the employee lifecycle. As the Sr. Technical Product Manager, you will own the vision and strategy for your aspect of the product, you'll help define the product's roadmap and strategy, and deliver clear requirements that Designers and Engineers will use to bring your vision to life. You'll help drive the day-to-day product development schedule from design through to release, own the product life-cycle, and define and monitor metrics that measure the success of the product. PT is a dynamic and rapidly evolving organization where tackling ambiguity in a collaborative way is essential to personal, team, and customer success.
Technical product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional. The right candidate needs to be an owner of their portfolio; making strategic product decisions grounded in data. You will work closely with business teams, leaders, and dedicated user experience design and engineering teams in an agile development environment to launch new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.
• Bachelor degree and 5+ years of Product Management experience with direct product ownership.
• 3 years working at a software company focused on customer experience with a large number of users.
• Experience working directly with Engineers and UX designers in an Agile development environment.
• Experience working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams, managing the day to day tactics.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities.
• Demonstrated track record of strong written and verbal communication to gain buy-in for product direction and crisply communicate product status updates.
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
• Prior experience working as a software developer or UX designer.
• MBA preferred
• Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and informing user testing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top