Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is the growth driver for Amazon delivering fulfillment services to our Sellers who benefit from speed of shipping and ease of managing their inventory on Amazon. In 2020, Sellers enjoyed strong growth using FBA, shipping more than half of all products offered on Amazon. To our consumers, FBA provides a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics and Apparel to Consumables and beyond with many of them available with 1-Day shipping. The FBA Inventory team is the core team in charge of fulfillment services to our Sellers.
As a product manager technical on the Inventory products team you will deliver inventory planning services to FBA Sellers through both Amazon Seller Central, the portal for Seller services, and APIs that integrate into Seller workflows and systems. These services include guiding Sellers on their most critical inventory decisions such as when to restock, advertise, markdown, or launch value recovery.
In this role you will be the end-to-end owner of building a world-class experience for our Sellers and influencing policies and fees to drive engagement and adoption. You will work with partners in UX, analytics, and engineering for the building of the solution and then engage with marketing and PR for the Seller outreach.
The ideal candidate will be:
• A Strategic Thought Leader You shape the direction of the business through well-vetted, innovative ideas. You turn ideas into reality, with a focus on the future of product innovation.
• A Perpetual Student You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. You are comfortable relying on the expertise of others to learn and shape your big ideas.
• A Skilled Communicator You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are delivering PRFAQs, conducting a presentation, or seeking feedback from stakeholders.
• A Trusted Partner You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You rely on solid data and analysis to enable effective decision making.
• An Inventor at Heart You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop product features and functions that will be used by third party Sellers to manager their inventory in Amazon's Fulfillment Centers
• Create and prioritize a product roadmap including defining business requirements based on customer needs.
• Collaborate with partners in operations, user experience, seller support and engineering to create a product vision for the tools Sellers will use to manage their inventory.
• Own the product development and strategy with a three year horizon.
• University degree in business, engineering, mathematics, computer science or related areas
• 4-8 years of relevant experience in product/program management
• Demonstrable data-driven decision-making and strong quantitative analysis skills
• Practical experience of SQL and Excel
• MBA from a leading business school
• 5+ years of product management experience
• Prior experience inventory and supply chain management
• Prior experience managing online products and services
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environment
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
• Entrepreneurial and showing abilities to work independently
• Insatiable will to get stuff done.