Senior Product Manager - Tech
- Palo Alto, CA
Join the team building the mobile experience for Alexa and help us create a world where Alexa is always there to help you on-the-go. The Alexa Mobile Team is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Technical who will help us bring that vision to life by building amazing customer experiences in the Alexa Mobile App.
As a Senior Product Manager (Tech), you will be leading personalization features for the Alexa Mobile App. You will be responsible for the strategy and vision for how the Alexa app can deliver personalized content to delight our users utilizing Machine Learning capabilities. You will work on ranking content for mobile experiences. In this role, you will work closely with UX and Engineering teams as well as partner with adjacent teams to deliver experiences.
This role requires the ability to think big, dive deep with technical teams, and work across partners throughout the larger Alexa ecosystem to deliver important features for Alexa. You must have a passion mobile app experiences and bring analytical rigor to the team. You must be familiar with machine learning capabilities and have experience using it to rank or personalize content. It is critical that you can work backwards from the customer and think through the translation of customer needs to technical solutions with the help of your engineering partners. Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, have experience working with geographically dispersed teams and adept at simple products that customers love.
- Set the vision and strategy for personalization features in the Alexa mobile app and the approach for ranking content in the app.
- Drive product development work with a world-class team of engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Two years of post-MBA product management experience.
- Experience using machine learning to rank content and create amazing content discovery experiences
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience working with data science teams and using data to drive insights
- 6+ years of consumer facing software product management experience with mobile products.
- Ability to work backwards from the customer experience all the way to the technical capability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
-Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where continuous innovation is desired.
-Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
-General manager / owner mentality, willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
-Real passion for mobile apps and customer experiences.
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top