Senior Product Manager - Tech
- Bengaluru, India
Interested in helping to shape the future of the smart home? Come work on it! We are building new customer experiences that help make customers lives easier - allowing them to seamlessly interact with their home.
This role will be the PM leader for a new set of customer experiences in Smart Home - focused on helping customers understand how well protected their home based on signals coming from the devices in their smart home. This role has end to end responsibility for the developer experience, customer experience, business model, and technical architecture to support these new customer experiences - along with a dedicated dev team. These experiences are focused on allowing customers to understand how well protected their home is and make informed decisions based on that information.
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of building a new customer experience, have a strong technical mindset to work both with internal development teams and with external developer customers, comfortable working with tight timelines and deliver incrementally, and have strong communication skills to coordinate efforts across a large group of stakeholders.
• Lead the development and execution of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market.
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of consumer-customer focused product management experience
• 5+ years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for consumer-customers, designing and implementing infrastructure and/or application management products and services.
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Experience in a Software Development Team.
• Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
• Experience training and developing others.
• Process oriented mind-set. Eagerness to automate manual work and ability to ruthlessly prioritize high value tasks for automation.
• MBA or Master's degree
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
• Experience building connected home, home automation, smart home, and/or other consumer IoT products or services.
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience with developer evangelism.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top