Senior Product Manager- Tech
- Arlington, VA
Where will Amazon's growth come from in the next year? What about over the next five? Which product lines are poised to quintuple in size? Are we investing enough in our infrastructure, or too much? How do our customers react to changes in prices, product selection, or delivery times?
These are among the most important questions at Amazon today. The Topline Forecast team in the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization is dedicated to answering these questions using statistical methods. We develop cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to business leaders at the most senior levels throughout the company. We are looking for a senior, motivated, and innovative product manager to help us answer these (and many more) questions.
To do this, you need to understand what matters to C-Level executives, how they make decisions and be capable of incorporating this understanding into compelling narrative and content for presenting insights from Topline forecasting suite of products to help them make decisions. Topline Forecast is the most important input for planning exercise for Amazon consumer business.
This role might be for you if
• You are passionate about developing software products with a high degree of technical or science component
• You have an executive presence to convince the C-level executives of your insights
• You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
• You excel in communicating complex ideas in simple and easy to understand narratives across organizations providing clarity in decisions
• You can deliver high standard product solutions working closely with engineering teams and understand the impact of technical design decisions on ability to scale and innovate for customers
• You can prioritize operational excellence work alongside feature delivery on a roadmap
In this job, you will:
• Work with the team of Topline scientists and economists, and business stakeholders (including but not limited to middle mile and last mile operations teams and retail business and finance teams) to design and improve our forecast and develop insights
• Identify business opportunities to expand, automate, or optimize Topline analytic products
• Manage a major product or suite of products and drive adoption of product with stakeholders and customers
• Write Product Requirement Documents laying out the vision of Topline products that will form the foundation of functional and technical requirements and execution plan for product delivery.
• Drive strategic upward product communications (e.g., decision narratives, investment proposals)
• Drive alignment on product features business metrics, and business strategies
• 5+ years in product management/ program management is required
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, finance or engineering field
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definitions
• Master's degree in Business Administration, finance or economics
• Experience presenting ideas to C-level executives in narrative form
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results and insights
• Strong analytic skills with experience using quantitative tools
• Experience with analytics and statistical modeling
Back to top