Senior Product Manager-- Shop with Points
Are you comfortable developing and leading a new business in the loyalty and payments space? Do you want to lead the development of new revenue streams for Amazon that will have a significant and measurable impact on the bottom line? Amazon's Shop with Points business needs an experienced Senior Product Manager to conceive, create, and execute innovative marketing programs to attract new customers and increase engagement with existing ones.
Shop with Points (www.amazon.com/shopwithpoints) is a global, proprietary Amazon platform that allows loyalty program members to spend rewards points at checkout. Current participants include some of the world's largest loyalty programs including American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Discover Cashback Bonus and JCB Oki Doki. Our vision is for Shop with Points to become the largest rewards catalog on earth and we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us reach that goal.
Cross-team coordination, partner management, product management, project management, marketing acumen, a strong technology background and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will bring the following to the position: a) a passion for development and management of consumer facing product and marketing strategies; b) strong business management skills, including creating business strategy, product development roadmaps and managing program metrics; c) expertise in credit card or rewards program product management and/or marketing, including the understanding of customer behaviors, and the economics of loyalty points programs; d) a background in overseeing the development of comprehensive marketing strategies and product features involving a variety of internal and external constituents and e) demonstrated negotiation and partner management skills.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have successful personal attributes including creativity, leadership, superior analytical skills and ability to influence outcomes both internally and externally. This opportunity requires excellent problem-solving and communication skills and the successful candidate will find practical solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality. The candidate should be entrepreneurial, self-sufficient and results oriented.
As a Senior Product Manager with Shop with Points, you would be primarily responsible for managing one or many partners domestically and globally and increasing customer engagement through the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy. Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of partner relationship, lead quarterly senior management partner meetings, drive and administer joint marketing funds and secure program approvals.
- P&L responsibilities over managed partner reward programs, delivery of KPIs on enrollments, activations and spending.
- Conceive, create and execute innovative and scalable marketing programs to help attract new customers and increase engagements with existing ones.
- Create marketing collateral (primarily online, but this could extend to other media)
- Use data to measure performance of programs and drive innovation.
- Work with a broad cross-section of internal engineering, research scientists, product management, customer experience, and operations teams to define product capabilities, create business requirement documents, plan delivery, design solutions and manage products through launch; this involves cross-team coordination, project management (scope, schedule, and cost/staffing), customer-facing skills and leadership.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical and operational constraints; and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Educate rewards programs of varying experience levels on the best way to market Shop with Points.
- Ensure that product features and positioning align with business goals and operational capabilities.
- Frequently present product proposals to upper level management.
- Bachelor's degree
- English fluency; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in financial services or loyalty industries, technical product management, and/or software development
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope technical requirements
- Ability to establish credibility and work with technical and non-technical business owners
- Technical familiarity with payments industry, loyalty processes and platforms
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top