The Partner Support and Solution team strives to make Amazon the best place for Selling Partners, Vendors and Brands owners to reach customers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. Within this group the Customer Trust and Partner Support Content Management team plays a key role in supporting these customers by driving the development of high-quality, user-centered content with latest Machine Learning technologies. We set the tone for the global business by creating great content across eight primary languages. This team is currently looking for an experienced Product Manager.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market, develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
• Responsible for defining user needs, identifying gaps, features enhancements and opportunities.
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to production
• Drive product launches including working with tech teams, operations, data scientists, machine learning scientist, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• 5+ years experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• 5+ years experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Machine Translation technology
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to quickly analyze data and use metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, present conclusions with actionable steps, and measure final outcomes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience delivering customer support solutions enabling world-wide customers by providing language support.
• Experience delivering customer support products and services in a high growth environment
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done