We are looking for a proactive, results-oriented Product Manager to join the exciting F3 (Amazon Fresh) team in Tokyo. This role will drive improving the quality of our offer and business process efficiency to customers and support business growth, implementing/executing hands on processes, continuous improvement and innovation and applying new ways of working. This will include to coordinate complex configurations of stakeholders and communication flows, supporting the development of scalable tools and to ensure the long-term success of Amazon Fresh in Japan; we need to solve for one of Amazon's most challenging businesses: grocery delivery.
Your responsible area will be 1) driving an initiative to improve the quality of our offer, establish mechanisms that ensure progress and update leadership. This includes working with development teams to drive system changes and process improvements, working closely with fulfillment teams to reduce defects throughout the operational processes (from receiving to delivery) until the products reach our customers and customer service to understand root causes of process gaps. 2) leading and improving a process to create demand forecast and support Sales & Operation Planning in collaboration with multiple stakeholders across sales, inventory planner, marketing, supply chain, etc. This process includes both of short-term and long-term projection. 3) leading an business operations efficiency program to identify pain points of business process that consume team resources and to drive a mechanism to explore a right solution and implement it to free them up.
You will do this by:
• Leading the definition and management of high quality product roadmaps toward the team's strategy and vision
• Leading prioritization and trade-offs among retail experience, performance and development resources
• Setting up/refining existing decision making mechanisms and disseminating them
• Actively identifying hurdles and blockers that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals, and resolving them with stakeholders across Business, Operations and Development Teams worldwide
• Working closely with category leaders, product management, operations, supply chain and finance business stakeholders to deliver the product vision to our customers
• Both independently and by partnering with stakeholders delivering tools, metrics, and dashboards that streamline key tasks and allow us to more quickly identify customer experience gaps
• Implementing effective communication mechanisms with stakeholders and leadership to provide the right level of visibility into initiative status and related activities.
This role is suitable for an experienced PM who over-indexes on Deliver Results, Ownership, Bias for Action and Innovate and Simplify, who is keen to work in uncertain environments to solve complex business problems through efficient processes and effective decision-making. You must be comfortable working with ambiguity, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent record of accomplishment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Experience in delivering results in a product or project management role.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use dig deep into data as well as technology.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including experience presenting to senior leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps.
• Experience working in a global Retail Ecommerce company
• Familiarity with Product and Program Management resources and standards.
• Knowledge of and experience working with Engineering and Operations teams
• Highly analytical, capable of turning raw data into information and insights, preferably solid knowledge in SQL