Senior Product Manager, Inventory Management Excellence
We are looking for a leader with proven product management skills to identify and lead inventory management continuous improvement and automation initiatives across 20+ Hardlines categories. The Senior Product Manager for Inventory Management Excellence is responsible for identifying, creating, and driving innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in the way we manage our inventory, from Forecasting, Buying, Network Placement, Removals, Sourcing and Capacity Planning and Management. Projects and initiatives will tie directly to key Hardlines operational metrics and the P&L. Working closely with cross-org partners, technology teams, research scientists, and inventory management specialists, this position will leverage product management and lean six sigma principles to merge Amazon systems and operational innovations with business requirements and operational constraints. This highly visible role requires a candidate with the proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the application of process improvements with impeccable quality levels in a broad organization. They must exercise considerable judgement, drive strategy and tactical execution, utilize written/verbal communication at a senior executive level, and evangelize/teach inventory management excellence across the company.
Core responsibilities include:
- Drive the creation of Standard Work productivity and quality initiatives specific to the needs of the business teams to meet and exceed business plans.
- Deploy lean six sigma processes across Hardlines categories, driving a continuous Kaizen process that leads to waste elimination.
- Provide the right metrics to measure both productivity and process quality providing meaningful feedback to the business teams and operations.
- Guide retail business teams in their ability to develop and execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy and service.
- Work closely with others in building support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- Establish a partnership with business leaders across the inventory management orgs to develop and lead the continuous improvement strategy across teams.
- Drive continuous improvement culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible hands on leadership.
- Provide leadership on project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate with other continuous improvement leaders on best practices, internal and external benchmarking, talent development, programs of study and knowledge sharing.
- Lead the change of existing tools and processes or create new ones to improve Hardlines inventory management execution and costs.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Position requires minimum 5 years of successful leadership experience in project/product management.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques required.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics.
- Expert deploying transactional lean, manufacturing lean, variation reduction, and design for Six Sigma methodologies.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Greenbelt/Blackbelt certification.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in dynamic environment.
- Proficient with statistical and economic analyses.
- Decisive, confident, and experience with influencing others .
- Strong sense of urgency and bias for action
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top