Senior Product Manager, Hardware
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Echo Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Senior Product Manager in Amazon's Devices group, you will help create and drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap, and define and build products and features for Build It, an exciting new customer-focused strategic initiative. You will have a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices.
You will work in a scrappy, self-contained cross-functional team, identifying unique and innovative business opportunities and driving innovation to bring new products to market. You will have a high degree of ownership and take on challenging and high-visibility projects. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace ambiguity with critical, analytical thinking, and drive end-to-end product development with buy in from key stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
• Lead the development and execution of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market.
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Identifying and resolving strategic issues that impair the team's ability to meet product goals
• Leading teams across functions to deliver products and ensure product vision is implemented effectively
• Conducting data analysis to drive decision making and identify key challenges and opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• BA/BS degree
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in product management
• 3+ years of relevant experience in consumer hardware products and/or services
• Experience leading projects with multiple stakeholders to deliver customer-facing products or services in a product management or similar role
• Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Experience with Excel and SQL
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience launching a new product or business from concept through launch
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
• Technical proficiency, demonstrated through technical degree or equivalent work experience
• Excellent written communication skills
• Experience managing a product backlog and leading a team to meet aggressive goals
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
• Experience building connected home, home automation, smart home, and/or other consumer IoT products or services.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top