Senior Product Manager - GTM, AWS AI/ML Computer Vision (Amazon Rekognition)
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Computer Vision team develops deep-learning based AI/ML services that help customers quickly derive actionable business insights from their image and video data. These services include Amazon Rekognition, which can identify objects, people, text, scenes, and activities in images and videos, as well as detect any inappropriate content. And, Amazon Textract, which can extract text and data from scanned documents that goes beyond simple optical character recognition (OCR) to identify, understand, and extract data from forms and tables.
The Amazon Rekognition Product Management team is responsible for setting the overall strategy for the service, defining and building features that solve customer problems, and driving successful business execution. The team is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead go-to-market (GTM) strategy and planning to drive customer adoption and revenue growth. This person will be a critical member of the product management leadership team with clear executive-level visibility and accountability. As an outbound-focused Senior product manager, you'll ensure our customers make the most of our rich and broad portfolio of features to solve their business challenges. To do so you will develop positioning, messaging, and go-to-market plans for key product areas and use cases. You will be the end-to-end owner of outbound campaigns that span channels (Web, social media, sales enablement, and more) to put those plans into action, measure results, and communicate impact. With a focus on adoption and customer success, you'll collaborate with AWS marketing, business development, and field teams to develop materials that support the outbound strategy with a data-backed understanding of customer success patterns. You will also be responsible for identifying and mitigating all friction points that come in the way of customer adoption and satisfaction with the service. This is a great opportunity to help customers of all types, from startups to the largest enterprises, to accelerate their journey to computer vision.
• You will develop go-to-market plans for product areas and use cases within Amazon Rekognition
• Analyze target market segments and design positioning and value propositions for each use case and focus area
• Apply understanding of industry and competitive context to shape messaging about how our solutions address customer needs
• Design and implement campaigns, programs, and events that drive adoption and customer success; measure and communicate results
• Own and craft content for channels including Web, social media, and events to put go-to-market plans into action
• Scale go-to-market efforts through internal enablement activities
• Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, product marketing, and evangelism to achieve business goals
• Work with engineering and feature product managers to reduce friction points that slow down or prevent customers from adopting the service
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years product management, product marketing, or equivalent experience in a technology context
• Demonstrated track record in crafting technical product positioning, messaging, content and programs
• Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with data and developing insights from it, experience establishing and tracking program metrics, and experience measuring and communicating results of outbound activities
• Bachelor's degree required
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts
• Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Ability to partner effectively with other functions such as business development, solutions marketing, and sales
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top