With AWS AppSync you can create serverless GraphQL APIs that simplify application development by providing a single endpoint to securely query or update data from multiple data sources, and leverage GraphQL subscriptions to implement engaging real-time application experiences by automatically publishing data updates to subscribed API clients via serverless WebSockets.
AWS AppSync is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead new product initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is working to change how applications get built and who builds them. You will continually engage our customers to identify opportunities to make it easier for developers to add next generation features and experiences to their apps, and for operators to securely scale those apps globally.
As a Senior Product Manager for AWS AppSync, you will:
- Understand our customers (developers!) inside and out via regular calls, visits, customer briefings, customer advisory board sessions, data analysis, and travel to conferences, summits and customer sites
- Develop product strategy and vision, and translate that strategy into creative, high quality, simple features
- Make business decisions that grow the adoption and usage of AWS AppSync and accelerate the growth of our business
- Target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas
- Work closely with the engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment
- Launch new features and collaborate with sales, marketing, and developer advocacy teams to tell the story of how AWS AppSync simplifies the development and operation of cloud-enabled applications
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
- Proven ability to successfully lead projects or product releases from concept to release
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively advocate for your product
- A drive to innovate, demonstrated by previous successes or failures
- While you don't need to be an experienced cloud admin or developer, you do need sufficient technical depth and experience to enable you to understand the day-to-day challenges of software development and operations teams
- 2+ years of product management experience, or its equivalent, targeting technical audience
- Experience developing and implementing GraphQL APIs and/or REST APIs
- Experience using AWS services to operate an application or service
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.