Senior Product Manager, Global Shipping
- Vancouver, Canada
Global Shipping team merges professional expertise, experience in international transportation and customs brokerage, innovation in supply-chain design and management, and world-class operations in order to digitize cross-border transactions. Our globally based teams of Product, Program, and Supply Chain Managers, Strategists, Analysts, and Sales and Operations Managers are building a global network that improves speed, reduces costs, and brings selection closer to Customers..
Our team is seeking experienced professionals to join our Global Products team. Qualified candidates will bring their technical expertise and have the ability to directly impact the building of new tools, services, and distribution structures across Amazon's growing footprint. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets.
As a Product Manager for Global Shipping, this role is responsible for setting the vision and road map, designing and implementing and end to end Supply Chain, assessing and selecting the best routing, service providers, pricing and configurations.
This role will set the vision and strategy for a select set of transportation products, also responsible for the multi year roadmap, in and out of Europe. The primary focus of the role will be to work closely with our Tech teams and develop the system requirements to optimized inbound flows, work with key partners in the supply chain and develop supply chain solutions from various origins and lastly work with our finance and operations to ensure consistent performance and execution. This role will also work closely with various stakeholders, leveraging existing and future features and capabilities.
• Set the regional vision and strategy for the transportation products.
• Develop, prioritize business requirements suitable for the global product and tech teams to deploy new features in short cycles.
• Design and develop supply chain designs options to meet our pricing and placing requirements.
• Accountable for margin management and determine short term pricing.
• Inform long term procurement strategy for capacity planning requirements and required capabilities.
• Work closely with customer facing teams to ensure that our customer interfacing activities exceed our customer's expectations.
• Identify and develop processes and system based controls to meet our minimum compliance requirements.
• Program manage pilots and deployments in the European region to ensure success criteria is met.
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Distribution, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, Technology or related fields
• +5 years management experience in Cross border transactions, either in a B2B and/or B2C environment.
• +5 years working in supply chain design or management roles in Europe.
• +5 years Project or program management experience and proven track record taking products to market.5. Entrepreneurial and comfortable to work in a start-up environment.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills.
• Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required
• Proficient in data analytics, supply chain engineering and comfortable with financial deep dives.
• Masters Degree or MBA
• 5+ years experience in running a product/operations in Parcel or Freight Forwarding companies
• Experience in a Client Facing role
• Experience in building a Go to market strategy for a new product
• Understand, speak basic Chinese
• Understanding of trade compliance requirements in Europe.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top