Fire TV remains the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. We are looking for an experienced and visionary Senior Product Manager who will own delivering TV entertainment into non-traditional - like automobiles - and an increasingly broad set of devices we support worldwide.
In this role, you'll be responsible for helping users access their TV entertainment outside of their living room. This will involve experiences that serve the full gamut of customer need - serving those who want streaming entertainment, those who want to control their smart home devices, or those who want access to every personal experience that Amazon offers. You'll partner with UX, engineering, and Alexa Domain partners to build a world class voice experience for all types of entertainment. You'll dive deep to understand the technical, contractual, and legal constraints per locale, coordinate across several teams and create innovative solutions for customers.
Come 'work hard, have fun, and make history' with us in Fire TV!
• Lead and influence business and technology stakeholders and leaders across the organization to drive strategic initiatives.
• Dive deep to understand and identify the key technology challenges and to define solutions.
• Write requirements and technical specifications that work backwards from the customer. Be an advocate for customers and work backwards from their needs.
• Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to business partners to drive resolution.
• Mentor product managers; participate in recruiting efforts.
• Work with leading edge Alexa teams to influence their roadmaps and adoption on Fire TV.
• Must be able to travel 20% of time
• This job can be based in California, Virginia, or Seattle.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• 5+ year's product management or technical program management experience.
• Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements for customer-facing products
• Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, partners, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience coordinating at leadership and working level to deliver software or hardware experiences on a tight deadline.
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices and project planning/execution skills
• MBA or MS
• Experience working with Automotive OEMs, or Tier 1 entertainment OEMs
• Direct experience creating voice-based experiences with virtual assistants (e.g. Alexa, Siri, Google Assitant, etc.)
• Experience operating in a global environment
• Experience in consumer devices, streaming media, voice driven A.I. virtual assistants, or related software experiences
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, to peers and developers and to senior leaders.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills;
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age