Senior Product Manager - Fire TV
- Bengaluru, India
Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. As we grow our product selection, we are looking for a visionary Product Manager to help define the feature set for our next generation of Amazon Fire TV devices and manage on-device Software. In this role, you will have the opportunity to 'think around corners' to help develop the business strategy and product vision, lead the definition and development of critical features and user experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide. You will solve high ambiguity problems, design elegant solutions and address complex technical problems with a world class team.
The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of OS and software engineering, user experience, operations, device marketing, customer service, and executive leadership. This role is a good fit for someone creative, who has strong customer focus and 'product sense', combined with an established track record in consumer technology products, connected devices, software experiences and a real passion for TV and mobile video entertainment.
• Develop the vision and strategies for on device software spanning Settings, Storage, Multimedia, Networking, Framework and other key interfaces.
• Manage the roadmap and delivery of cross device software features integrating deeply into the OS and embedded software.
• Work with global cross functional teams to identify areas of software improvement to enhance customer experience.
• Build out solutions spanning analytics, metrics and KPIs for product success.
• Create buy-in for the product/feature/service vision and strategy with technical and leadership teams
• Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost
• Identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and/or technical goals
• Operate with influence across a wide variety of cross functional technical, UX and commercial teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product with a data based approach.
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience in the TV, Media, entertainment industry a plus
• Experience in consumer product lifecycles and embedded OS/and on device software.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, ambiguous work environment intersecting cross functional teams across hardware, embedded software and services
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with engineering, UX and device teams.
• Experience handling multiple products and programs simultaneously
Back to top