Have a passion for driving change and innovation? Amazon is looking for an analytical, driven, and creative leader to join the Consumables Retail Operations & Initiatives (ROI) team to drive cross-functional projects for our Consumables businesses (Grocery, Health and Personal Care, Beauty, Baby, and Prime Pantry). The Consumables ROI team owns driving strategic initiatives and key processes across all Consumables product groups for growth, profitability and efficiency and to improve customer and vendor experience.
As a Senior Product Manager (PM) within Amazon, you have the opportunity to invent new products and features on behalf of customers. You will get to work cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, develop marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption, segmenting customers and developing business models, defining and analyzing success metrics, and managing strategic projects.
From Day 1, PMs are given ownership of large products, the autonomy to think strategically and make data-driven decisions, and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business. Over your career, you will be exposed to multiple businesses and products, and pushed to grow into senior- level managers who independently run large business segments and organizations.
Projects for this role include developing and driving new product and capability development impacting both topline and bottom line. This role will work directly with multiple internal business, technology and operations teams and leaders, vendors, and partner teams across Consumables business.
The Senior Product Manager on the Consumables team will be responsible for the following:
• Be a single threaded owner partnering with cross functional teams to drive your product vision.
• Identify capability gaps and drive products that unlock business value, influencing and working with technology, operations and business teams and leaders
• Partner with data scientist and analytics teams to influence innovation on existing (or to build new) systems, tools and workflows for category management.
• Be a subject matter expert in Consumables Retail processes across functions like Vendor Management, Marketing and Instock.
The candidate possesses a track record of successful product development, relationship management, program and project management, strong analytical and business acumen, and experience managing reporting and analysis. Great communication skills, think big, and bias for action will be essential to your success. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will take ownership of projects and business problems to a successful result.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to innovate, build, and own transformative products and features, join us in making history.
• 5+ years business experience in product development, project / program management, P&L management, operations, financial analysis or customer service preferably with ecommerce or retail experience.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Data analysis, problem solving and project management skills.
• Excellent skills in Excel or other Business Intelligence or Analytical tools.
• Strong written ability to effectively convey product vision.
• Master's degree (MBA, Math, Engineering, Science).
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Possesses excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
• Experience with SQL a plus.
• Lean/Six-Sigma certification is a plus
• Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
• Strong technical ability and capable of understanding complex data structures to pull base level insights autonomously.