Amazon Web Services is seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative product manager to drive AWS initiatives in Edge Computing. If you are you passionate about how edge computing is revolutionizing the cloud and want to build the vision of how AWS will enable the next wave of ultra-low latency Internet applications, this is the role for you.
As the product owner, you will define and drive the product roadmap for edge computing initiatives. You will work backwards from the customer to understand the capabilities, programming model, and experience AWS will offer developers. You will work with internal AWS service and infrastructure teams to understand the unique challenges and constraints of the edge, and define the right product strategy and solutions to address them. You will do the product exploration and design, and work with a dedicated team of super talented engineers to build and launch these products.
• Are a tight team of passionate technologists from diverse areas of the business
• Have a passion for cloud, edge computing, and enabling the next wave of cloud applications
• Work in a fast-paced, high-growth, delivery-oriented environment
• Love to ship elegant products that solve complex customer problems
• Are passionate about how cloud can revolutionize edge computing, including 5G
• Believe in discovering the right product for your customer
• Want to use the limitless capabilities of the cloud to disrupt and unlock new use-cases
• Love working in a fast-face, innovative environment and seeing the positive impact of your work on real customers
• Know how to leverage product, marketing, and business development skills to get businesses off the ground
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 5+ years of product management experience involving cross-domain, cross-team engagements
• Demonstrated track record of defining and launching products/services
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
• Excellent leader who can make data driven decisions
• Experience in cloud, edge computing, or mobile networking
• Track record of turning ambiguous ideas into products and delivering novel cloud services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.