Senior Product Manager
- Melbourne, Australia
The charter of Alexa Personal Mobility team is to build engaging experiences, provide comprehensive information for Alexa customers, serve all their mobility needs with personalized and accurate information, and, enable users to take follow-up actions and complete their needs in-car, at-home and on-the-go. The team is focused on delivering Mobility experiences such as Navigation('Navigate me to Golden Gate Bridge'), Traffic ('how is the traffic now to work', 'how do I get SFO airport), Transit ('when is the next train to Tokyo Sky tree', 'what is the status of Caltrain to SF'), and, Travel ("what is status of my flight"). These experiences are daily habit forming and we are continuously investing in new initiatives to increase engagement, customer acquisition, quality, coverage and accuracy by launching new features across all Alexa devices and in all International marketplaces.
The team is looking for a new Product Manager to manage one of the key existing product line that is strategic and critical to the success of Alexa Automotive. This role has high visibility, highly cross-functional in nature, and, involves working with both internal teams at Amazon and external to the company. You will be a Product Manager with dedicated ownership of this strategic product and work with a dedicated 2-pizza development team, own existing product features, define and launch new product features from start to finish. You will prove being innovative, strategic thinker, results-oriented and customer-obsessed PM. You will be responsible for driving and synthesizing customer and business requirements into new product features and roadmaps. You will be a key champion of this product to the industry externally and work with external strategic partners to identify and build new voice-first Alexa Mobility experiences.
A successful candidate will have a passion for building global consumer products at scale, partnering and working with cross-functional teams, simplifying technical solutions, and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done!
• Write product/marketing documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams
• Contribute to the overall product strategy, roadmap, and manage prioritization and trade-offs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners in US and International marketplaces.
• Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Is strongly oriented towards results
• Exhibits excellent judgment
Back to top