Senior Product Manager - Devices Software
- Chennai, India
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. The Amazon Device team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo.
Fire Tablets are among the most popular consumer electronics devices on the market, with easy access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games. It is just Day 1 for Amazon devices and we are looking for proven, customer-centric product leaders to help continue to innovate and grow our device business.
The Fire Tablets team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and drive a product roadmap for Fire Tablet software. You will help shape software strategy while driving engineering and features based on this vision. We are looking for someone who is customer focused and technology savvy with a passion for consumer devices and software. As a Senior Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• 2+ years of professional experience working with mobile apps and/or consumer devices
• Experience working on end-to-end customer experiences
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedule
• Experience with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
• MBA or Master's degree preferred
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
• Excellent ability to mix intuition, data and judgement calls to make decisions
• Experience building solutions enabling customer experiences through mobile and web apps
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top