Senior Product Manager- AWS - RDS
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. Aurora also manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a database, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Aurora enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Aurora team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its very early stages
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Have direct impact on hundreds and thousands of users of AWS database services
• Be involved in the fast growing, big data space learn from the experts
In this position, you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly champion the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service we are building this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in the database area is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Creating the product strategy for the new service that appeals to unique needs and requirements of Enterprise customers
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Launching the vision, product strategy and road map for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
• Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product
• Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to insure that sales, SAs, Pro Serve, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
• Driving sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years in product management or product marketing is required
• Bachelor degree in a related field is required
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
• Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
• Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while building creative solutions.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top