Amazon's Physical Stores team is searching for an exceptional and experienced builder who thrives thinking big and diving deep into the details on how to deliver the best outcomes to customers. You will be working in the future, helping to invent and shape new products to extend Amazon's grocery store coverage and satisfy unmet customer needs. As a Senior Product Manager, you should possess a strong customer focus, great instincts, excellent analytical skills and be practiced at applying data to high judgement decisions.
Product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional. The right candidate needs to be an owner of their product and work across the organization to build practical detail into strategic plans. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous fast-paced business environment, operating across multiple teams and have a high degree of comfort working with technology partners. You should excel at unconstrained thinking and have the ability to document and support your ideas to gain broad buy-in and consensus.
• Understanding customer (internal and external) needs, defining clear project plans
• Scope the effort necessary for execution, have a broad understanding of existing capabilities
• Working directly with Technology, Business, Operations, and a variety of other teams
• Lead a working group to define sustainable financial and operational models
• Partnering with other teams across Physical Stores to identify and influence development of new products and services
• Create requirements for cross-functional partners to execute
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
• 10+ years' experience in category, supply chain, operations, finance, or program/product management
• Experience in running data analysis, aggregating inputs, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate upwards and with both business and technical teams.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about customer behavior.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Comfort with working across business and technology teams
• Proven ability to leverage data in ambiguous situation to drive trade-off decisions
• Proven track record of taking ownership and building products that drive exceptional results
• Broad multi-disciplinary working experience (Technology, Operations, Finance, Category, Supply-Chain)
• Post-graduate education in a relevant field