The Global Mile team is seeking qualified candidate to join our Global Crossdock (GXD) Launch and Expansion team. Amazon.com reaches customers around the globe on all seven continents, and are in need of individuals who want to help ensure a fast cost effective solution to placing inventory to every far reach of the world. Do you obsess over how to develop and own a product to deliver a superior experience? Do the words "that can't be done", drive you to find a solution for how "that can be done"? Do you desire a career that will focus on how to globalize the placement of inventory and set the new standard for the balance of the industry to envy? Do you thrive off of detailed data analysis to develop an optimized product and drive launch and expansion of those products? If these characteristics describe you, then come join our GXD Launch and Expansion team.
The team is looking for an experienced candidate for the role of Senior Product Manager to develop, launch, and expand global logistics products and capabilities. The chosen candidate will enable movement of product from the point of production to our fulfillment centers around the world through compelling Products. The candidate will partner with Amazon Retail, FBA, Global Operations, Procurement, Real Estate, Finance, Legal, and Tech teams to develop a strategic supply chain product for our customers around the world. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a product management function at a large global organization (preferably in logistics or e-commerce space) managing large-scale, complex and time-sensitive projects. The individual will need to be persuasive, organized, and possess strong and proven communication skills. It is very important that he/she can engage and work well across all functional areas while influencing without authority. The successful candidate will thrive off waking up daily and determining how well we performed to our goals, and how we satisfied our customers today.
• Bachelors Degree
• 5+ years experience in cross boarder logistics and customs clearance
• 5+ years in global supply chain, logistics, transportation or applicable experience
• 3+ years experience or proficiency in SQL, data mining, and extrapolation
• 3+ years experience or advanced proficiency in Excel and similar reporting tools
• Master's degree (Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Distribution, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics)
• Experience with end-to-end Product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Specific knowledge of cross border regulations, carriers and logistics infrastructure.
• Excellent people skills to guarantee cross functional alignments and process implementations.
• Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural and matrix environment and to work under pressure and aggressive timelines.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people; ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience both upwards and down
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.