Senior Product Manager, Amazon Education
Are you interested in how Amazon can help solve worldwide education challenges? Come be part of the team whose main mission is to disrupt higher education to benefit students. Do you have ideas on how Amazon can improve access to higher education and scale innovation for millions of learners around the world? If this peaks your interest, we would love to talk.
The ideal candidate for this role can work successfully in a fast paced launch environment, has experience partnering with technical teams and delivering launch requirements to developers, and has had success with developing innovative business models for complex industries, initiatives and products. This person uses metrics and analysis to guide decision-making, and never stops obsessing over new creative ways to disrupt on behalf of the customer. If you're an entrepreneurial, results-oriented Senior Product Manager or would like to become one, please reach out for more information!
At Amazon Education, our ambition is to help students achieve their goals by connecting them with effective, affordable learning content and experiences. To achieve this, we are building a talented team that strives to bring bold ideas for applications, devices and marketplace services to life.
You will be the right Senior Product Manager for the Amazon Education team if you are:
- Customer focused – you are a strong voice on the team and in daily decisions in order to ensure you're making the right trade-offs on behalf of the customer. You prioritize diving deep on customer data and always stay close to your customer.
- Results oriented – you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Seeing your teams' solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers' lives fuels you.
- Fearless – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity and are not afraid to fail fast in the name of learning what works best for the customer over the long term.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Be customer obsessed when creating a best-in-class experience for his/her business. Enjoy solving problems and is good at crafting solutions, both strategically and tactically.
- Be methodical, analytical, and goal-focused with a driving need for accuracy.
- Identify, assess, track and resolve issues and risks at multiple levels; including both technical risks and associated business risks.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and delegate tasks to partnering teams.
- Be able to work cross-functionally with the senior leadership, US and international business teams, product management teams, and engineering teams.
- Have a startup mentality and be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- 7+ years of Product Management, General Management or related experience
- 4+ years of effective management and team leadership experience
- MBA or advanced degree
- Past experience in an early stage, high growth company or internal innovation effort in a larger organization
- Experience in developing consumer facing software products iteratively and rapidly, from concept through launch
- Past experience in education technology, online learning or a genuine passion for the team's mission of changing lives and creating opportunity through learning
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top