Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? Come work on it. Our team is building new Echo products that delight more and more customers while defining an engaging, consistent Alexa experience across all of these devices. We're working hard, having fun, and making history! Come join the Alexa team in Tokyo.
In your role as a Senior Product Manager for Alexa, you will participate in developing the strategy and tactics for the group, and you will develop and look after delivery and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with international teams in engineering, design, operations and leadership to bring the best product to customers in Japan. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
• Develop strategy and tactics for Japan
• Create business plan for improving customer experience and lead product enhancement projects
• Work closely with international cross-functional teams to deliver products and features to Japan
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and customer satisfaction goals
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in consumer electronics / software / wireless / mobile / digital content product management
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Business level English and Japanese
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically