We are growing and taking on more to make the world safe for e-commerce. Amazon.com's Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) team is a centralized technology team that protects all of Amazon's businesses and services from fraud and abuse. These systems, invisible to the customer, work seamlessly across the billions of transactions occurring simultaneously around the world. We are pioneering new techniques to detect and neutralize bad actors that attempt to abuse our policies.
BRP designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning to identify and prevent abusive transactions. Abuse prevention is a real money game where our software teams strive to outsmart those who attempt to defraud Amazon and our customers. Come build with us! Every dollar of abuse that we prevent is a dollar of profit for Amazon or its 3P Sellers, a dollar that could be reinvested to deliver new features for our customers. Because of Amazon's huge scale, this a great opportunity to add hundreds of millions to the bottom line.
BRP is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Senior Product Manager - Technical to drive expansion of innovative products globally in the Buyer Abuse space. In this role you will analyze the potential customer and financial implications and work closely with business and technical partners to launch new programs globally.
The successful candidate will be expected to own and deliver our goals in partnership with business, software, science, and operational teams. He or she will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.You must have a passion for breaking down complex problems, understanding customer needs and delivering holistic solutions through continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field
• 7+ years of experience in e-commerce, technology or digital sector including 5+ years of product management experience
• Demonstrable experience in product management, e-commerce fraud/risk, or business operations
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver large products and projects on tight deadlines
• Ability to establish and manage your business to a set of key metrics and goals
Graduate degree preferred.
• Experience working with and leading global teams
• Experience conceptualizing, developing and launching systems and tools that directly impact customer experience.
• Direct experience working with trust and safety, risk, fraud or abuse issues.
• Strong analytical experience including proficiency in SQL
• Track record of complex and creative problem-solving, and the desire to create and build new businesses
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for having fun.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.